Senior PHP Developer
First Internet are on the lookout for a senior PHP developer. If you think you could fit the bill then read on and send us your application!
Please note that we will firmly reject any agencies trying to contact us about this offering.
Senior PHP Developer
Dependant on experience.
First Internet are looking for a skilled and experienced PHP developer to join our busy and expanding digital agency. We specialise in producing PHP framework-based websites, web applications and search engine optimisation for our clients. We’ve recently acquired a User Experience specialist and plan for this to be a focus in upcoming projects.
- Working as a senior developer within a development team as part of a larger team.
- Leading development of websites and web applications that meet functional specifications.
- Working closely with clients to generate and agree requirements.
- Setting target hours based on client requirements.
- Working closely with designers to implement bespoke designs.
- Conducting standard testing methodologies for your own code.
- Coordinating and assisting with work amongst the development team.
- Mentoring and training junior developers.
What we're looking for
- Required Skills
- PHP / MySQL
- HTML / CSS
- Magento 1 & 2, WordPress, Laravel or similar frameworks
- Bonus Skills
- Ubuntu / Linux
- Windows Server Knowledge
- Creation of or involvement in custom CMS
- Server Security
- Photoshop and or Illustrator experience
- Previous experience in working in an agile environment
- Frontend experience
- Eye for Design
- Ability to understand the business requirements behind technical projects.
- Good communication skills, especially with clients.
- Awareness of the need for search engine friendly websites.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
We are open-minded and very interested in new frameworks, platforms, ideas and processes that you can bring to the table to further improve our development process (e.g. agile development, ExpressionEngine, Lavarel, etc).
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of commercial experience developing a number of websites or web applications. A portfolio of work is essential and examples of code highly advantageous.
All applicants should email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below.
What we offer you, the fun stuff:
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish Fridays, with drinks.
- Regular social events
- Paid pizza every month
- Dedicated training budget
- Office dogs
The boring stuff:
- Full-Time Permanent Position
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Salary Based On Experience
- Pension Scheme
- Progression within the company